Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ok so now my top 5 fave guitar gods!

ok so yesterday... you got to read 10-6 and they go as followed
10. billy corgan
9. Johnny Greenwood
8. David Gilmour
7. Devin Frank
6. George Harrison mind you there are so many great ones that could not make the list but here are my top 5!

now to the best of the best in my book

5. Robbie Robertson- Man he wasnt flashy on record but the guy could play.. must be pretty good if for Bob Dylans first electric world tour he asked you to be his guitar player.. and those recordings from that tour Robbie is hot, ripping though guitar lines like no other, but the stuff he did with the Band will never be outdone.
Check out one of my all times favorites It makes no Difference from the Last Waltz


4. Jimi Hendrix- Now you are probably saying WHAT 4th, well I love jimi with all my heart and mind you he did more with his 3 Experience albums in 3 years then most people do in an entire lifetime but for some reason he dosnt hit my sole on every level.. but dont get me wrong he still hits it where it counts!.. I bet I stole more from his peformance at Monterey Then I have stole from any other guitar player, from moves to back rolls, he did it all.. ELECTRIC LADYLAND is his best album but for Ephraim I will give you a little BOLD AS LOVE FROM AXIS..


3. Brian May- Well no has quite the sound of the guitar that Brian May get, his work with QUEEN flashes on pop, classical, metal, rock, spacey, the guy could do it all, and he did it all.. his work with an acoustic guitar is far better, then Jimmy Page and his electric could top Page too, while Page was stuck in the Blues, Brian was creating a whole new guitar world!..
he was just effortless... here is one we all know..


2. Mick Ronson- Ok some of you might be like who the fuck is this I have never heard of him, well he wad David Bowie's partner in crime and lets just say his guitar lines make BOWIE seriously, this guy solos hit my heart and resenate, reverberate and chime for all excistance.. just amazing!.. He never over played on record, but in the live situation he got to bring it!


1. Steve Cropper- OH Yeah, if you know me you know I love mr. Cropper sweet guitar style of giving the song room to grow and playing lines around the other musicians or words, his best work is with Otis Redding who he also produced.. and Booker T. and the MG's so good! here is one of my faves! litsten to his little chimes so amazing...

hope you enjoyed my top 10 favorite guitar players ever!

No comments: