Monday, May 7, 2007

Tips to bands!


Ok so lately I have been running sound at the best music venue in Iowa... The Vaudeville Mews..
The venue is great, it gets good shows, it sounds good, got a great friendly staff, and gets a wide variety of shows...
This week the famed TAPES n TAPES will be there on Friday for an all ages show...

Now I'm not the head sound person there infact I run sound maybe 7 times a month, so I get kinda the shit of the litter shows, the sunday evenings and monday nights when there are probably about 5 to 15 paid people in the audience.. Which bothers me a bit because the venue is not making any money and they are still paying me.. Now I have seen some really great bands while doing this, but I have also seen some fucking HORRIBLE local bands that are just idiots seriously!! here are some tips for them...

1. First off don't bitch into the mic. about on how there is only 5 people in the audience.. Fuck its your show, your local put up a fucking flyer, tell some friends, and then don't try sneeking all them in the side door..

2. Atleast ask the sound person (me) what there name is so you can not refer to them as "Hey Sound dude"
...Personally I like knowing the name of the person who controls my destiny for the next 45 minutes...

3. Dont be a dick to the out of town bands!

4. Dont think you should get paid anything when you bring 2 people though the door.

5. Thank people, (bar tender, door person, and sound person) not for doing there jobs but for putting up with your bull shit attititudes for the evening...

Running sound is fun, its great when your doing it for a great band... and sometimes its even fun when your doing it for a band that you cant stand but they are really nice! happy monday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the shows that you get may be the shit of the litter, but you still read the best lit on the shitter...