Friday, May 25, 2007

the 40 best music venues in the USA



So Ashley got me Paiste Magazine for my b-day last year and I dig the writing and the reviews and heck it even comes with a free cd.. and I was excited to see this month feature on the 40 best Music Venues in America voted on by musicans, fans, writers.. over 500 venues were nominated from coffie shops, to theaters, to basements, to huge stadiams..

So I was reading and its cool I think I have been to 10 of the 40 which isnt bad but isnt that great... for someone who has been going to shows for about 12 years now..
the cool thing is I have played 3 of the 40 and they are

the 40 watt in athens, ga--- this is a great one.. played there 3 times with PCC and last year it was sold out.. fucking awesome..
saw OTC play their first reunion gig there too.. so good.

The Earl in Atlanta--- We played there last year.. it was a great place that appearently has great food I spend most of the night on the phone with Ash but it was great, Joe terry had a weird night there as well..

The Basement in Nashville-- this is cool little spot under Grimeys record store.. the people there are awesome and the bar tender used to live in Iowa City so he treated us kind....

the one dissapointment on the list was Scubbas in Chicago we were booked to play our friends the Paper Airplane Pilots cd release show and mother nature did not let us get there... so I could have played 4 of the venues... But I do still have found memories of that night eating Mexican at Adolphs thanks to don, and Joe Terry winning 2nd place at a Karioke contest at a VFW in Coralville.. not bad that place will one day should probably make the list!

this picture is the PCC and friends at the 40 Watt August 2006

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm still waiting for you guys to play that VFW show! oh, please?

also, let's all get together and do karaoke together before devin and i have to go to mizzoury...