Tuesday, May 22, 2007

home SWEAT home


most of you think I just spelled sweet wrong but I didnt.. on sunday band was over doing some new basement tapes and it was kinda late and Donald.E.C the 3rd.. said he was going to stay in town, so Ashley offered him our FU-TON.. and he says, "I will stay where ever its coolest.." so saying either devs or joes place also were in the running.. Now we live in a be-u-t-ful old house but damn its been getting a little sticky upstairs.. anyway don slept there and was presumably fine.. he left a sweet note in the morning and did not make a mess (perfect house guest)
So this brings us to Monday night.. Im laying bed DIEing seriously, I have been in saunas cooler than our room... Ashley starts talking about how in our old apartment we had an Igloo of a room that never got warm in the winter... and I started longing for those days where if you wanted to add a blanet you could..
So I made the excecutive choice of going down to turn on the air for the first time since we have moved in.. and wow it felt amazing.. our house instantly cool and my heart warmed.. until ash thought i put it on too low, so she goes down and trys to program the fucking thing.. next thing you no the air turns off and does not come back on till I turn off the program after my run this morning. this is a terrible blog... but there is something about getting home from a sticky run and opening the door to a cool house..
Seriously Amazing!
I bet Don was wishing he was here now!

2 comments:

Bec said...

Pat-
Cool houses are great but when you get that first electric bill-you will totally understand why Ashley says that you need to keep the temp higher. Can you imagine what the parental's electric bill is?

Unknown said...

poor epher. why doesn't that chump ever leave comments on this blog? anyway, i often wonder about parent's electric bills...they've got to be outrageous. actually, i've never turned on any A/C in my own place before, so i didn't realize, as don told me, that it is more expensive than gas. and dig this: when looking at apartments in missouri, everyone talks about how much higher the utilities are in the summer, and i'm like "that's insane" but then we're talking to this one dude and before this most recent winter, it hadn't snowed in THREE YEARS down there! unbelievable!