Friday, May 25, 2007

The Night they drove...


Wowo last night was awesome... Ashley said we gotta go to the mall quick and try to find you some pants for the wedding.. we had about 1 hour till the mall closed..
the mens section did not look promising, since I will not wear Pleaded pants since my mom made me wear them as a kid and it has tainted me and my brother for eternity...
Anyway we went to the womens section and found me a pair of semi Mick Jagger pants, so we bought em.. and hell they had some sale going if we buy them we get another pair for .99 cents so ashley got my Mick Jagger pants in a brown... Anyway to celebrate I took her to HY-VEE for an organic apple and a 40 for me at the practice space.. then to the London Underground for a drink and it was great...

Then to the practice space where Willy Muse and Wolves in the Attic.(remember that interview I did with Eric Moffit) anyway his new band.. Both groups making their debut performances and they were both really awsome...
Wolves featured Eric on guitar, my boy Devin on guitar, Jordan M. on drums and some guy named Nick... And they rocked the house.. its fun watching Dev play guitar cause I never really get to do it.. So it was blast of a show...

Ok so I saw Head of Femur (also a band playing that night) play the night they drove old dixie down by the band a few years back and its one of Ashley's favorite songs so I went up to them while Ash was rapping with Sami and I asked them if they could do it for her... you know cause we are getting married and all and they said well our drummer doesnt know it, so then i pretty much told them to go teach to him and they said we will see what we can do and they totally went out side and learned... and after their amazing set of their own music they went into it annoucing it for Ashley and they fucking nailed it.. and I held Ash in my arms and she had tears in her eyes and it was fucking glorious!
good night!

1 comment:

Bec said...

Pat-
You are just cracking me up with your blogs. I can't wait to be at the wedding and see my handsome brother in a $4.99 blazer from Salvation Army and womens pants. Hope you don't mind that I am not going out and buying a new dress-just wearing something I already have. Have a great week-we look forward to seeing you next weekend!