Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Renee's Shoreline's Favorite songs of 2009!

Well I'm not going to do some fancy ass list of my fave songs of the year but I thought I would share a few that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside in 2009! I'm limiting this to 1 per artist! so its not just all Yo La Tengo...

Don't Stop Loving Me Now Floating Action
Man I love this song, and the whole album is just amazing! I bet it would make Jeremy Grace's next Splifed out Mix cd...
If I was a Pot smoker I would love to get high to this,, best thing about it, you dont need the weed.. the music does the trick!


If It's True Yo La Tengo
Well its always nice when one of your favorite bands of all time, gives you an album you just adore all the way through.. This track is my fave, I love it cause its a perfect love song for a married couple, Ash and I did a lot of soul searching this year and this song totally fit in with that, so I dedicate this one to my lovely hard working wife!


Helium Hearts Super Furry Animals
I went on a lot of runs this year, and every time this songs popped up on random I ran just a little bit faster, its got some incredible sounds in it! And anyway song that talks about VEGIMITE is ok by me!


Sudden Spring Minorcan
Well Ryan Anderson has been one of my favorite song writers from the past decade, I have got lucky enough to put out his music, play live with him, but most heart warming was getting to play on his latest record and helping record it... It's one of the finest pieces of music I have ever had the pleasure to work on... All the songs on the record are so incredible and you should pick it up here... Blood on the Vinyl Records Here is a killer version of Sudden Spring live in Austin TX..
The line that kills me the most on this one is "when I look into your eyes, its the best record i heard played all night"


Come Monday Night God Help The Girl
Man I love everything Belle and Sebastion have done and this is no different.. I remember when this video came out, there was a hushed conversation about wether we were supposed to like the song or as it was so elequently put get a boner... WELL for me the song kills no visual needed!


Insane Idiots Christopher the Conquered
Man one of the best things I did this year was record my boy Chris Ford's new album.. It's so amazing! The lyrics, music, passion, heart and soul were all thrown into the making of this new classic! My favorite song from the record is Insane Idiots which has everything I could ever want in a pop song.. But its not just a pop song it's full of the first of many magical moments on his album Your Gonna Glow in the Dark! Just amazing! The haters got to me on this one! pick it up on Itunes or where ever you buy your records... Here is a performance from the Ames progressive that I filmed!

Christopher the Conquered Live @ The Ames Progressive Office! from TAPES FOR LIFE on Vimeo.



Marrow St. Vincent
Man I was totally taken by St, Vincent's new album Actor.. It's full of fantastic production, killer guitar work and just a great vibe all the way through.. This song stood out the most to me, Ashley describes it as "FIONA APPLE MEETS NINE INCH NAILS" sounds good to me! Here is a killer live version from Letterman


Camera Obscura
Camera Obscura New record is full of killer one liners, references to classic Paul Simon songs and wonderful lush production...
They are one of those bands who always put the best song on the album first so somethimes when you get the record you have it in your car and it takes you a week to get to track two if you know what I mean! Case in point!


Two Weeks Grizzly Bear
Yep that video was awesome, if you havent seen this give it a watch, the music is totally like that one song by Regina Spector a few years back, but I love the piano loop and the back ground vocals, the bass is pretty amazing too... Just a doozy!


Worm Mountain The Flaming Lips
Yep the lips were back with a super fun psycadelic mess of an album that had some great weird sounds on it.. and This song was my favorite with its disgruntled groove and blown out production.. its fills the headphones to the point where they sound like they might burst.. Its nice the lips are taking some chances again.. I dug this.


Gabe Saucedo Hates My Guts Fishboy
You know I dont know why Fishboy wants Gabe (from Red Pony Clock) to be his biggest fan, He knows that I am and will always be... Fishboy makes some of the finest pop music in the whole wide world.. He is dedicated to his craft and I feel like a kindred spirit with him that we both want to make music that has repeat value and some kid somewhere will think its the best! Well Fish you got those fans, Who cares if its not Gabe! Pick up Nom the fantastic EP Fishboy released this year on Vinyl from his or head to Itunes


When I'm With You Best Coast
Best Coast is the perfect band to fill the void of no new Aislers Set record for like 6 years! I love this one.. Perfect just pefect cant wait to see what they can do on a whole record


Overjoyed Circulatory System
Well Lips I'm so glad you have great taiste and invited a true psych pop genius to All Tommorow's Parties this year.. I was a little under impressed with the new Circulatory album but listening back to it a few days ago, who the fuck am I fooling.. It's amazing and I love it! WELL done Will and the gang.. I love it so much!


Stars Eyes (I Can't Catch You) Sparklehorse, David Lynch
This album Dark Night of the Soul was so fantastic all the way though... A all star collaboration, but I wanted to pick the great work of Sparklehorse cause they have made some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard in my life!


Well there were many more good ones, but I wanted to share these with you, so long 2009! xoxo

No comments: