Wednesday, December 23, 2009

some... of Renee's Shoreline's Favorite Albums of 2009!

Well again Im not going to make any fancy ass mo fo of a list but I will say YO LA Tengo top my albums list with a close friends right behind! Here Some albums you should all own this year!

Popular Songs Yo La Tengo
Never sticking to one style and doing every style oh so well, you cant deny the awesomeness of what I think might be the greatest indie rock band ever!! I know big words with Pavement and GBV always around but the last 6 Yo La Tengo records have been nothing but great! here is the proof...


Your Gonna Glow In the Dark Christopher the Conquered
I think this might be about as well crafted of a record that has ever come out of IOWA... Its is truly amazing and Chris's performances and mix of this record was just phenominal! The amazing songs dont hurt either! Congrats buddy, This one will be hard to top but I know its in ya! you rule

I'll Stop Loving You, by Christopher the Conquered from TAPES FOR LIFE on Vimeo.



Dark Night of the Soul David Lynch, Danger Mouse, Sparklehorse and Friends Man usually and all star type collaboration would probably kinda suck but this record that technically never got released but lucky NPR was streaming it for a long while and I dug into it Day after Day... I loved all the songs,, It features members of Super Furry Animals, the strokes, pixies, iggy pop, Jason lytle.. its just wonderfull.. Here is the tune with Julian from the strokes!


Actor St. Vincent
Just love the vibe and production on this one.. some really lovely rocking stuff but also the lyrics to the PARTY kinda killed me..


Album Girls The second i heard this record i knew it was going to be huge, cause Its kinda goofy but kinda could be precieved as having a lot of heart behind it..
The one thing you can deny is the band makes some good catchy lo-fi pop with some killer videos and have 1 hell of a publiscist!


Keep At Hand Minorcan
IF you like the Band's basement tape this is about as close as you would get in the year 2009, Ryan Anderson's songs all take on a classic timeless type feel that make some one like BOB Dylan who he is.. When I listen to this record I get that same vibe that Im hanging On every word.. Its so wonderful!


Get Guilty AC Newman
Well what can you say about AC Newman I almost forgot about this album since it came out in January of 2009 but the thing about it that make AC what he is, he is so consistant and talented.. He is a true pop genius, like a Mc Cartney where even if its not the best of his work you should listen cause you can learn a thing or two about writing songs from this guy!


Floating Action Floating Action
Yep this is one that probably pass most people up this year, but damn this record is so amazing! It sounds like it was recorded in the early 60's in some hut in Jamaca... Perfect soulful party music in my book! I would love to make a killer movie and use some of these tunes! love THIS! go get it on PARK THE VAN RECORDS.. they also recorded my favorite Daytrotter Session of the Year!


Video Musics Alexis Gideon
Man every morning when I was working this record I would watch the Video for Brimstone Blaine to get me pumped up for work! ANd it always worked.. This is probably the record Ashley and I quoted the most this year.. Alexis was also apart of some of the coolest concerts I saw this year!


the Mystery Mines Pennyhawk
This lovely album I got the chance to review for the Ames Progressive music issue and it is just so lovely and amazing and full of cool lo-fi production and songs with an intense feel that turns your blood inside... Just amazing! Get this record!




Modern Science Casper and the Cookies
Yep this is an epic album and I got to see a lot of these songs live before they were recorded but Im always impressed by Jason's production but on this record he went above and beyond.. Some people might say well they could have cut a few songs on this but I love that its so long and the 17 minute experimental side of the album is just incredible... the song NEW DAY ZERO is one of my all time faves! well done friends GO AND GET THIS RECORD FOLKS I got mine on red vinyl..
here is little kings


Well I cant leave with out atleast mentioning a few other records I enjoyed this year.... But I wanted to give some love to these bands above but you should also get records by the Flaming lips, the New Bodies, Jason Lytle, Super Furry Animals, Circulatory System, grizzly bear, wilco, Jordan Mayland, Camera Obscura, Fishboy, Julian Cassabalas, the Mumfords, Nuclear Rodeo, the Big Pink, listen to all Beck's Record Club, Destroyer, Woods, Cass Mc Combs, Bill Calahan, God Help the Girl, Anders Ponders, THe mountain goats, VIc Chestnut, Neko Case, Sonic Youth, Spiral Stairs, Shelley Short, One for the Team, Atlas Sound, Kurt Vile, Neon Indian, and go ahead and pick up that Animal Collective record just for shits, blips, and gigles

No comments: