Friday, April 24, 2009

JOE TERRY WEEK POST #7


Photo by Mr. Chris Ford.. what a doozy

Yeah Im in a lobby of a hotel in minneapolis with a shitty computer but that does not mean JOE TERRY WEEK STOPS.. Its his 30 b-day you all..

Here are some nice words about JOE from LADD A.
Some time ago, my friend and I were at The Vaudeville Mews and noticed a man sitting at the bar. He strikingly looked like Mr. Terry himself but it couldn't have been.. this man was he wearing an oversized t-shirt and had a short bob of hair, surely not Terry, the man who had long beautiful flowing hair, a sizable beard, and usually wearing plaid playing kick ass bass in the pcc...surely not him. My friend and I thoroughly went over in our minds who this doppelganger could be...possibly his twin brother or cousin Larry Terry or Terry Terry... a clone perhaps?
Later in the evening, we saw this mystery man in the alley and approached. Surprisingly, it was Mr. Terry! He unfolded with these remarks:
"My sister decided I needed a makeover and I was like okay. I got this haircut, this new outfit, and check this out... (he unveiled his belt buckle),
"The belt buckle reads the world's largest nuts"

We surely love the Joe Terry.

And we got this one from Mr. Chris Ford
I doubt I know Joe anywhere near as well as most of the people who've written here this week (actually, after reading these posts, I feel like I hardly know Joe at all!). But I did spend a few weeks with him last summer and he played trumpet for my band a couple times and he even recorded a band I played drums in at the BiFi Studios six years ago! And we got to play trumpets together for the Apples in Stereo for a few shows, which was super cool. Joe, I'd just like to say that you are reliably strange and continuously surprise me with your talent! As evidence, I provide this picture I took last year. Can y'all guess who Joe is on top of (hint: it's not me)?


HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE!

Chris Ford

No comments: