Tuesday, April 21, 2009

JOE TERRY WEEK POST #4


Well thats Right it Joe t's 30th B-day this week and we are rocking it Joe T. style..
I have to love someone pretty good if Im going to give them a guitar.. A few years back Joe and I went on tour as the PCC with our friends Casper and the Cookies.. It was a really magical trip where Joe and I got to represent the whole band.. We met tons of interesting people and were killing the crowds every night with 4 to 5 song sets and it was a really wonderful bonding experience, I remember walking in Augusta, GA, a killer college house party in bloomington, a shitty 10 dollar late night salad, and driving all night in that killer hybred car! and I hold the memories of that trip so fond I wanted to give Joe the guitar he used on the trip.. He had gotten it fixed up and I just said you keep it.. he put a lot of heart on to the frets on that tour and I wanted him to have something from the trip to remember it by! Thanks for that trip and the many others we have shared..
here is a photo of us with that lovely old LYLE GUITAR!


He saved us so many times on that tour, in one of the first shows of the tour I busted the neck on my guitar trying to jump over a couch! I didnt quite make it! But he held it together and played the guitar while I just jumped around the room being a dumb ass! I love our duo shows together!
Happy B-day buddy!

2 comments:

cookies jim said...

man, that was a great tour! i miss you guys bunches every day. i saw joe not too long ago at SXSW and then again later in the week when the besties played in athens. what a great guy! when he showed up for the day party at yetter's place in austin, it was like norm from cheers: everyone shouting, "JOE!" and racing to give him a hug. i was glad to see other people were as appreciative of joe as we cookies are! pat, thanks for sharing your bday message with us, hope i hear from you soon... JIM

Unknown said...

Me too! You guys are rad. I hope we see you sooooooon.