Thursday, April 16, 2009

adam clayton rules!

so yesterday I had a hankering for hearing the song "WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAMES" by U2 off the Joshua Tree now mind you this problem could be easily solved if I had my cds out on a shelf, for I have the Joshua Tree and I have U2 greatest hits first 10 years thing.. and its on both those.. also I sit for hours at work or at home on the internet and could easily flip to Youtube and hear the song.. But fate had a different plan for me.. I was in GOODWILL killing some time before work and I happend to pick up a quite reasonable priced pair of jeans while standing in line at the check out counter I started gazing though their cds, which is usually a lost cause but i spotted ODELAY by Beck so I thought wow this could be promising.. So i was looking the disks over and to my suprise there was the JOSHUA Tree in all its glory, with that faboulus cover and the little Island Record symbol on the back.. for 2.89 I had to have it.. even though I already had it..
I was stoked. I got to the van and put it right in and heard the opening delayed guitar of WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME and I instantly realized why U2 was the biggest band in the world, (and may still be) the album starts off with 3 consective singles one being WITH OR WITHOUT YOU.. in my opinion the 2nd greatest U2 song after the song ONE.. anyway I have not listen to the full Joshua Tree album since maybe I was 17 and I got to say, its fucking brillient.. every song builds and builds and builds with great bass lines and drums working like construction workers on THE AMAZING HOME MAKE OVER show.. and all the songs reach that point where the guitar leaves the delay behind and hits you in the face right when BONO yelps some inspriring line! Man this record is good.. If you own go back to it and listen all the way through.. you will be rewarded!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This may have been one of my most rewarding reads of the day. Nice Blog boy.

I'll be driving through Ames on Thursday up to St. Paul, but will be in a hurry so I will honk and think of you guys.