Thursday, April 16, 2009

FUNERALS YOUR OWN WAY

well the other day my dad was in ames for the Iowa Funeral Home Convention it was great to see him and we got to have some dinner and such..
Ash has always wondered about the funeral home conventions that I spent a lot of my child hood going to, so my dad invited us over to check out the booth and see some caskets! Much fun was had and it was good to see some register books I spent a year makeing when i lived with my folks in 2005..
anyway TOday i saw online that the most used song at funerals was FRANK SINATRA's MY WAY.. wich I thought was totally hillious.. but a few weeks ago when ash and I went to minneapolis we heard it on the radio and I was booming it as loud as I could! man what a song.. maybe I will have it at my funeral! from one OLD BLUES EYES to another..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"my way" is probably one of the top 10 songs i get stuck in my head frequently. almost every day when i walk to the class i'm about to teach i start singing it in my head for some reason. my favorite line is "regrets, i've had a few, but then again, too few to mention." the rhyme after that line seems a little forced, though. i would have wanted it at my funeral, but now i'm not so sure if its so damn popular as a funeral song. are you really doing the funeral your way if you're doing it the way that everyone else does?