Thursday, October 29, 2009

FALL CLASSIC EVENING!

Man i had such a great night last night.. I did not get to watch the World Series champs beat up on the yanks but my huge nose zit and I headed down to des moines for the Music University Panel from the DMMC! It was quite good, and it was on reaching out to the media, on the panel was friend Marc H. Joe L, and Michael S. all who i know and dig very much so it was a blast! I got to sit with Marc's wife Angela and we gave each other a little high in our heads when Marc got the first laugh about how to reach the media is SEND VINYL!!!!!
Lucky for him i had a brand new copy of the killer Minorcan record on glorious 12inch waiting for him in the van!

The DMMC function was fun and got to see some friends and talk to some others! And the Media types didn't knock publicist to much so I still have a job!

After this we hit up the Lift for some drinks and I got to talk to Marc and Angela about Marc's fave music writers and he introduced me to this chap Austin and we talked about are fav DYLAN records and conspiracies revolving around mr. dylans motorcycle accident, DID HE WANT OUT OF THE SPOT LIGHT or did he just have a good WOMEN making him think he didnt need to act so cool... mmmmmmm

ok Then on to the Vaud to see STILL FLYIN which was sooo good, It made me miss Joe and Dev cause a bunch a people who were there the night Joe and I met Dev were there...

It was my goal to get Sean (who is major sweet heart) from Masters of the Hemisphere Druker then he was in Iowa CIty that night so he would dig Des Moines more! SO I bought a round of shots, Marc did, and so did LADD! First ever time the band got 3 rounds of shots..
Mind you there is 9 people in this band! ha ha one of the gals in the band gave me a free shirt and the other had seen PCC at the 40 watt twice so that was sweet of her to say.
It was so great talking to them, and SEEING GOOD old Gabe From Red Pony Clock, and good old Yoshi from Aislers Set on the drums.. We talked alot about old times and it was soooo soo fun! Marc kinda flipped cause the bass player from the LUCKSMITHS was also there!
what a night... MADE ME WANT TO GET OUT ON TOUR AND SEE old friends.. But I got good ones here too! Man POOR ERIC M.. he is trooper I will say that but thats a story for a different time
now dig some still flyin!

2 comments:

dcurtis said...

How you going to drop a bit about Eric M then not follow through. SUCH A TEASE!

ERIC MYSTERY said...

I am on autopilot...