Monday, March 2, 2009

NOT WHAT I EX=SPECTEd

Well this weekend definately did not go how I exspected it to go..
My original plan a few months back was to head down to Columbia, MO to hang with Devin and got to the True/False Film fest.. Those plans were shot down when I couldnt find anyone to work for me on Saturday.. and I didnt think leaving here at 4pm and heading down to Columbia would give me much time to see films, let alone more importantly hang with Dev..

But when I found out the guy I sold 1 of my mixing consoles to on EBAY wanted me to deliver it to a western chicago suburb I called ash to see if she wanted to drive to chicago with me on Saturday night after I got done with work.. she wasnt to excited but then got into it.. when i told her he was giving us an extra 150 bucks to drive it there and in Ash's car gas back and forth would only be about 60 bucks so we could stop on the way and get a hotel room and a nice dinner...

So we hopped in the car and headed East.. Stopping to stay in DIXON, IL just past PUMP FACTORY ROAD.. (dons old band name) anyway Dixon is where Ronald Reagan grew up and where I got a Warning by a local police officer for makeing an unlawful right turn onto their main street looking for someplace to eat, this was moments after I walked in on a lady taking a dump at a bathroom at ARTHUR's deli where we decided not to eat..
anyway the cop was cool and gave us some suggestions on where to eat.. We decided Tai which was a great choice.. Then onto the hotel.. where naturally there was no one at the front desk.. So I called the hotel and a gal picked up and she says can I help you, and I say, "Yeah I have been standing here looking at your PLATINIUM HOSPITALLITY AWARD for 20 minutes waiting for some front desk help" Lets just say I scored a deal on the room! We hit the hot tub and enjoyed our continetal breakfast the next day.

We drove to Addisen, IL which is right next to DOWNERS GROVE, which is not only a song on the Recent Wolves in the Attic Cd but its the hometown of KLEENEX GIRL WONDER's Ghram Smith.. Anyway it would have been great if I was delievering the console to good old Grahm but no luck.. But the guy was great and then we drove all the way home!

Anyway It was a fun trip for driving 13 hours in a 24 hour period!
Probably would have dug the TRUE/False Film fest more and hanging with Devin.. but I did get to admit my new obsession to Ashley which is SOY LATTE's I gave up Cliff bars for lent but now Im hooked on Soy Latte's...
Its my new drug.. But Im ok with it.. cause I still love regular coffee, but ash says its like going from METH to HEROIN...
I just had one on the way to work.. and it was not that good.. SO maybe there hope and the end of the tunnel.. for me saving some money!
man this is long!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You missed out on Arthur's Deli. It's tops, at least the one in Rock Island is. Though I'm not sure how friendly it is for meat-dodgers.

dcurtis said...

Wish I could've been there to hear: "Yeah I have been standing here looking at your PLATINIUM HOSPITALLITY AWARD for 20 minutes waiting for some front desk help"