Friday, January 9, 2009

OH NUGGETS

Now the other day at work I got to enjoy the great youtube video devin sent me for the song "Dirty Water" by the Standels, I always thought the song was so tough and ballsy, but after seeing the video I dont know if I can ever look at it the same..
so since then I have come across fantasticly stupid videos by such pych pop classic as the Electric Prunes and the Seeds but none tops the stupid ness of this classic...
Green Tamborine by the lemon pipers..
wow how did they get away with this shit!

maybe the MONKEES are to blame for all this madness

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A couple things:

1) That Lemon Pipers video was awful. However, the song was not on Nuggets, and technically we should have expected that from them; they were on Buddha Records (I believe), home of 1910 Fruitgum Company and Ohio Express. Odd, though, that they would have stoners like that seemingly marketed towards kids. At least I always took that song as being rather bubblegum.

2) I think I came away from that Standells video with a bit of a different attitude. It seemed to me like it was kind of making fun of the ridiculous television "performances" that were just lip-synced and fake. Actually, they kind of looked embarrassed to be on the show at all. That's always been one of my favorite garage rock songs, but I never thought it to be completely ballsy or anything though.

3) Today in the car my dad and I were listening to the 60s station on his satellite radio, but I fell asleep. But then I woke up only to hear the end of "Dirty Water" and I gasped, "Dirty Water!". And then a second or two later I fell back asleep.

4) I watched 'School of Rock' last night on TBS. There is a split second near the end where you see the two main guys from the Mooney Suzuki. I thought they would have an appearance at another part but they didn't.