Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holiday cheer with Lenard C.

ok so I have always had a thing for Lenard Cohen, the first time I heard him was in high school i was 17, as I drove my mom to the sioux falls hospital in a blizzard as my dad was being rushed there.. I didnt know what was going to happen or happening but my mom and I didn't speak the whole time. but when we got to rock rapids (35 miles from sibley) I turned on Augustana college radio as I always did when i went to sioux falls and they were playing a live show by lenard from the early 70's and it was crazy good, all the songs were about jesus, and dieing and love and it was the perfect spooky and beutiful soundtrack.. to the silence and the wonder of what was going to happen.. ofcourse everything turned out good, but that was the day i found out my dad had been smoking.. WHOOO got something to hold over his head now..
anyway..
ofcourse I was glad he made it and got his health turned around and I'm also glad I discoverd leanard Cohen then as well..
NOW FOR A LITTLE Lenard cheer i found on youtube...
what the fuck is this person doing, and how bored could they be......
check it out

3 comments:

libellule said...

mmm, leo, his voice so meditative, singing those enigmatic lyrics that make you taste and smell every story...
i was introduced my senior year by our exchange student from Québec. i'll never forget the songs - bird on a wire and suzanne. can you believe i was totally close to seeing him in berlin!! "first we take manhattan, then we take berlin!"

libellule said...

ps. the guy writes stories, too! i recently finished "the favorite game".

HE who is a Tape... as in Patrick Tape Fleming said...

wow i should totally check out me some l.c. books!thanks for the tip