Thursday, June 14, 2007


There is one great thing about being friends with musicians... Its getting to hear songs they have written in Various stages of production... For instance I love listeing to Donalds songs on my Ipod while running they are usually pretty up tempo and hearing a familer voice while working out is always comforting...

I was happy last week to see my dear friend AARON Hefley, he and his b-u-t-ful wife Leah made the trip to Ames from Miami to help us celebrate our wedding..
We have a connection like no other... I would have never moved to ames if it wasnt for AARON and he might have never met leah if it wasnt for me... Now being in a band and being a roomate with aaron was always entertaining none the less but the reason I moved here was because AAron is one of my favorite song writers he is just flat out good... and can write hooks as good as XTC.. Anyway Aaron has a new project rolling called DEXTER and its a throwback in time... Not to the 60, or 70's, but its pure 80's radio pop in the vein of Inxs or Duran Duran.. I said to Ashley we might see one of these songs being performed at the next GAY 90's Drag show we go too.. (AND THATS A GOOD THING)... Now like I was saying earlier these songs our in that Early production stage but still sound way more hi-fi than anything aaron has ever been apart of! And shit Aaron got some pretty wicked guitar solos going on here! Easliy his best since the HOUSE by Pookey Bleum or his guest guitar appearence on I could Love you More today by the Wheatlords!
Anyway I just giveing everyone fair warning to watch out for Dexter.. They are coming and they can not be stopped!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for your kind words. I don't really do guitar solos.

I'll post a track up at http://joeandaaron.com for all of your avid readers...