Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Thanks y'all


Well yesterday I had to run sound at the Vaude and it was an early show.. 4 bands, 3 of which were local and one touring.. In typical fashion though only 2 bands showed up and I got to leave 2 hours early, but that wasnt even the coolest things about it.. I was standing by the door talking to the bartender and door gal and the bartender say hey I think I just saw some dude who looks like Ben Folds, and I said well he is supposed to be coming to town with JOHN Mayer, and right when I was saying that Angela the door girl got a text message from her boyfriend who works at Java Joes saying that he just served Ben Folds a Latte...

These guys both didnt give two shits, but I was like damn the shows going to start 5 minutes late cause Im going over to say hi to Ben Folds! So I walked over there and there fucking was sitting at a table with some guy.. so i totally act suprised to see him and start talking to him about how I saw his last ever american show with BEN FOLDS FIVE and he was like really where was that, so I told him it was in Milwakee at Summerfest then I tell him about how Nick C. pretty much tackled a girl to get the Piano wire on the Rienhold tour and First ave and he was just very nice, I let him know that a friend (leah) was planning on going on his cruise, and he told me he liked Des Moines and always comes to Java Joes...
So shit next time he's in town you know where to go!

anyway I met Ben before in 98 at the Horde fest but not like this... it was rad and totally made my day!

the funniest part is when I text some people about my meeting, Devin told me to tell him to start writing good songs again, and I text him back saying Ben just read that message and then Dev wrote back and said GOOD HA HA....

Also I got the new FREE GAS cd and shit the smith boys upped the anti on this one.. its really good and there are traces of the beach boys and synth weezer all over it... ITs really good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was you that tackled the girl for the piano wire. Then you wiggled around on the ground yelling "I played high school football! I played high school football!"

Good times.

-the end-