Saturday, March 1, 2008

Surprise Date at the Surf Ballroom




Well all week i have been teasing Ashley that I have a surprised date planned.. so I made sure all her massage appointments were done by 6pm on Friday so we had time to get there...
So we hopped in the car where I had some of Ash's favorite snacks since we would not have time for a proper dinner. and we headed North on I-35.. Ashley kept asking where we were going and I said someplace between here and Canada...
She must have thought Minniapolis.. but if she did she was wrong!

We were heading to Clear Lake, IA? Home of the Legendary Surf Ballroom (where Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper played their famous last show!) I have never been to the Surf but have always wanted to go... And what a great opportunity to surprise Ash with a Beatles Tribute band that George Harrison's Sister says is the best... They are the Liverpool Legends... who make thier Branson, MO there home but were rocking the Surf on this leap year day!...

Ash was so suprised and was so excited to get out of town into this cute little town by the lake.. The show was fantastic.. we danced, and sang to tons of Beatle classics.. and shit we enjoyed a big tub of Popcorn and imported beers for small town prices and the tickets were only 10 bucks so what a great Cheap date for under 35 bucks total!

I took some video with my digital camera and pics check them out.

On the way home ZZ Top was on the radio so we started talking about great Tribute band titles for ZZ Top... I said ZZ POT where they could be stoners..
but Ashley naturally one uped me twice with
ZZ Tots where its kids being ZZ Top and
ZZ BOT where they were Robots ... when we got home I layed in bed for atleast 25 minutes trying to one up her.. but I just needed to ZZ Stop! either way.. Amazing Date!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the paul dude is a douche!

Unknown said...

You guys are rad!!