Monday, August 10, 2009

The week that was!



Man what a crazy week, I spent most of it with the dudes in PCC getting some practices in, playing some fantastic shows, recording what i think is going to be a killer ep, and heck even taking a few press pics and sharing some brews! lets just say much fun was had..

We spent some time over in the Quad cities again and I just so happen to get my first BOOT on a tire for not paying a parking ticket the best part about this was that we had just recorded a new song called "WALLS OF CITY HALL" at our Daytrotter session and then 5 minutes later I was inside the Walls of city hall handing them my credit card! OUch oh well pay your parking tickets stupid ass!

I got a killer early b-day present from Joe "the Point" by Harry Nilson on vinyl and I got to hang with Don on the day before and after his b-day so that was nice..

Then we had all sort of company with our buddies Casper and Cookies in town! They played great and it was fantastic getting to spend some time with them on sunday..

ALso they took a nap so Ash and I went to see the movie 500 Day of Summer which was excellent for sure! I say it worth seeing and there are lots of movie references in it.. Including a couple nods to Ferris Buelers Day off, which brings me to the sad news of the week about one of my favorite film makers John Hughes who past away! He made so many of my favorites Thanks for the laughs John... YOU will be missed!

500 days of Summer

Mr. Hughes always new how to put great music into his funny movies to make you feel the sadness too, here is the Smiths classic in Ferris that kills!

1 comment:

Danelle Williams said...

I knew you would love 500 days. Check out this video!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/akdobbins/500-days-of-summer-encore-bank-dance