Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Take stock in Woodstock

Now I was like many 6th or 7th grade music fans, trying to find out about all the most important music in history! In 5th grade I was obsessed with the Beatles to agree of not caring to much about anything else.. around 6th or 7th grade I thought hell I should try to verse myself in a a few other things.. Now Mind you I was quite versed in eating a lot and having tons of pimples but was not well versed in other things so I got the WOODSTOCK soundtrack and that was the best middle school edgucation I ever got!
Seriously I found out about ton of my all time faves Hendrix, the Who, John Sebastion, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Janis, Joe Cocker, Sly and the Family Stone, Paul Butterfield, Canned Heat, Arlo Guthrie, Country Joe and the Fish, and tons of others... I obsessed over that soundtrack to the point of I had to get the 2nd WoodStock soundtrack cause my cd was getting to many plays and I found out about even more loves like MELANIE, and Joan Baez.. And shit it took me years to find out about other bands there were not on the soundtrack that played like THE BAND, and the Greatful Dead! Anyway on the 40th anniversary of the festival I just wanted to share how 1 three day weekend 11 year before I was born has had more of an impact on my life than most things I can think of!! Thanks Max Yeager for letting the hippies run amuck on your farm!
Here are some of my faves from the fest

Mr. Loving Spoonful putting it all in perspective

Jimi's improv jam after the Star Spangled banner... so good!

the Who's See Me Feel Me in the early morning hours after rocking TOMMY in its entirety!

the Band's Tears of Rage.. Left off the movie and soundtrack

JOE COCKER with a little help from my friends!

A little Country Joe anyone

No comments: