Wednesday, June 17, 2009

HAPPY Birthday Johhny Appleseed!


Well 10 years ago today my high school band the CANADIAN WHEAT LORDS released there only ever album "Johnny Appleseed and the Broken time Machine"
which also marks the start of Bi-Fi Records.. I will be celebrating this fact by pulling the album out and drinking a case of COORS LIGHT tonight while dancing in my living room to 1968! I suggest everyone else does the same!
or not!
Anyway I feel old!

the highlights of the wheat lords for me were
1. Joe Terry making a 28 minute film about us and getting it shown at the Varsity Theater in Ames
2. Chris C. playing "I wont let you down" as his final song on his final college radio show
3. the first ever Wheat lord practice hanging out with Nick and Matt making music for the first time ever with Friends.. Greatest feeling in the WORLD! to bad we were all better at playing Baseball together, instead of making music!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you've been at this for a long time Patrick.

Tito said...

You should put some Canadian Wheat Lords up for some listening or is there anywhere to find it?

-Tito