Sunday, July 13, 2008






Nothing like having an amazing weekend of Festival fun and then hopping in a suburban with you’re wife, dad, younger sister, younger sister’s boyfriend, nephew, and older sister’s husband.. for what they call a FAMILY VACATION!

yep
Thats right 7 people 1 car.. 4,000 miles, in 5 days.. sounds like fun right! Well actually it was amazing!
We drove all the way to the east coast and back in 5 days!! We hit the baseball Hall of Fame in Coopertown, we hit Yankee Stadiam before it closes this year, we hit my favorite baseball field Fenway Park in Boston, and then drove thru the night to catch a game in Detroit yesterday and now am back at home sitting on my computer recovering from the wonderful week of Family hang time!

With No Fights... COLE did get a bug in his ear... which his pops totally saved him, ashley fleming the first did get car sick, bumpa had a few cramps trying to get into the car, tom did have to yell at cole a few times, bob did yell at me once for driving poorly, other than that it was a pretty smooth trip..

Ashley tape was a wonderful sport and learned a ton about baseball.. COOPERTOWN was her fave...
We even got to see our dear friend ALLI A.. in NYC... got to eat some morracian food and I drove in NYC like a badass bat out of hell..

Lots of stories I could share but I thought this was the best.. My dad got us great tickets in New York and guess who was in our section…
None other than former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani… Now I noticed him coming down the steps first so I yelled Mr. Giuliani and he TOTALLY Ignored Me.. so I figured he was just putting the RUDE in Rudy! I was kinda pissed.. I figured he just ignored me cause I was from Iowa.. Just liked he ignored campaigning here for his very short presidential run!
Anyway I kept my eye on him the whole game and Ashley (my lady) said “he has a bladder of steel” cause he wouldn’t get up to go the bathroom.. But I knew he had to at some point and when he did I was going to get him…
And in get him I was totally going to shake his hand! So when he made the move for the stands I was ready… I said Mr. Mayor and put out my paw and it met his with the grace and glory of any hand shake that could have been president.. But to tell you the truth I thought the shake was weak.. and THEREFORE my prediction is RUDE RUDY will never be President! So SORRY DUDE… Atleast the Yankees won for you!
Ok Im glad to be home.. We leave for tour this week… more on that soon!

here are a few pics from the back of the suburban....

1 comment:

Bec said...

Pat-
Loved reading your blog about the trip-great to see all perspectives of the wonderful time you all had. Although it would have been great hanging with my fam, I have to admit I am glad I was stuck back in the Show Me state as driving 4000 miles in one week doesn't sound fun-but hey you are used to it and back at it again this week. Good luck on tour-we will keep you posted when little Macy enters this world. Love you bro!